Tuesday, September 19, 2006


The Trip Up to BC...

Well, I'm finally here. It feels like a long time coming. I came up on Sunday, September 17th. Here's a journal from the trip up:

17 September 2006

On my way – I’m currently in the back seat of a very full station wagon. It was a little hairy getting over the border. Apparently they had to be sure that I wasn’t going to be working with children in a capacity that would require me to have an immigration medical check – whatever that means. Then they wanted to check out the car – we warned the inspector not to open the back too quickly. It really was packed.

Now we’re driving through the mountains. We just went through Hope, BC. Check out Jesus with the sign of hope.


I’m full of anticipation as to what is going to happen. There are so many unknowns and I’m excited to have some questions answered. For one, I don’t know how often I’ll have access to the internet, so I’ll let everyone know how often they can check when I know.

My ears are popping. It is beautiful around here. I know I’ll get some great pictures (thanks D-House staff for my camera!!) and I’ll be posting them here.

Until later – God’s peace!

No comments: